Sunday, March 28, 2010

Birthday #2

Yesterday was Shelby's 15th birthday. It seems crazy to think our "little" girl is going to be driving soon. Shelby had some friends spend the night. Her main request was to eat at Taco Bell (so love the girl for unknowingly protecting my pocketbook!) and "hang out" at Wal-mart. I told the girls I was fine with the whole Wal-mart hang out deal as long as they didn't do anything that would cause them to get kicked out. They responded with, "Ok, I guess no hide 'n seek." Seriously???

So, on to the card....



I tried to keep the card somewhat simple and avoided pink. Lately, I've been using a ton of pink and turquoise in my cards, and Shelby just ain't much of a pink kind of girl. I wasn't sure how her card would turn out, but was pleasantly surprised with it all came together.

Next card I'll be sharing is for my mother-in-law's birthday. I'm so, so, so happy with how it turned out. You know how sometimes you look at a creative project and just go "...ya...I made that..." with a hint of pride? Well, that was my moment. I'll post the pic tomorrow.

I'll close this post with the ever poetic words of Casey Kasem "keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars".....ya, I'm not quite sure what it means either.

Products Used:
Gina K Stamp Set
SU Punches
SU Decorative Paper
Random Red Ribbon
SU Whisper White Card Stock
SU Markers
SU Watercolor Pencils
SU Blender Pens

No comments:

Post a Comment