Monday, March 8, 2010

Babies!!

Last week, our Sunday School class had a breakfast fellowship for a couple in our class having their second child. Normally, we have a diaper shower where everyone brings diapers for the parents...well...for the baby but we hand them to the parents. (haha) Taking note from my ever so smart sister-in-law, I decided to forgo purchasing a certain brand of diaper and opted for a gift card instead.

What a great excuse to make a cute card! So here it is...



I have a new love...my paper crimper. I picked it up at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and keep finding little items to crimp. I never knew a $20 purchase (plus 40% off coupon) could make me so happy. The light blue paper on this card was crimped. I love how it gives just a little extra texture to the card.

I used SU punches for the baby and sentiment. I also pierced the paper around the scalloped circle. After adding a cute pink ribbon, I still felt like something was missing and decided to add a bit more by punching a strip of pink paper.

Overall I like the card. It wasn't perfect in my eyes, but then again, they never are.

No comments:

Post a Comment