Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Exciting News!

So, no new project to post from me today....but I do have exciting news! A couple things actually. I already mentioned it on my personal blog but forgot to get the word on this blog too!

I've joined forces with Stampin' Up and signed up to be a demonstrator. So exciting!! What a fantastic way to share my ideas and craftiness!! (well, at least I think so) I have visions of fun card making parties, workshops, tutorials...the options are endless. Stampin' Up has such great products. Besides paper crafting, they also have ventured into the areas of jewelry, home decor, and digital scrapbooking. The whole digital scrapbooking stuff is one area that I haven't ventured yet, but I'm excited to try!!

With this announcement, comes another. Its the COLOR RENOVATION! Stampin' Up announced that with the new catalog (release day JULY 1!!), will come new color families. Some colors are being retired, some are staying, some are brand new, and some previously retired In Colors are returning. So with that change, it is PRIME time to stock up on some of your favorite colors that are going to the retirement home. Don't be sad, they will be happy and comfortable...promise!

Here is a listing of the retiring colors.

Soft Subtles:
Pale Plum, Blush Blossom, Apricot Appeal, Barely Banana, Mellow Moss, Sage Shadow, Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace

Bold Brights:
Glorious Green, Green Galore, Gable Green, YoYo Yellow, Only Orange, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac, Brilliant Blue

Earth Elements:
Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Summer Sun

Rich Regals:
Bordering Blue, Brocade Blue, Ballet Blue, Taken with Teal, Handsome Hunter

Looking through these colors, I realize there are a few I MUST get before they retire. My list of NEEDS (not wants....I think I really NEED these!!) include:

Almost Amethyst (Item# 101723)- such a lovely shade of purple/lavender. It is a pale color and will be gorgeous on any spring card or pretty Easter scrapbooking page.

Blush Blossom (Item #102609) - perfect color for a peachy skin tone. I have the watercolor marker, but I think the ink cartridge would be a good investment for times I'm making mass quantity of cards.

Brilliant Blue (Item #100691) - a truer blue than any other ink in the family. I think it will come in handy.

Summer Sun (Item #100537) - there is just something about this yellow that makes me happy. Its just so sunny and cheerful!

Taken with Teal (Item #103257) - I'm in love with this blue-green color. Its like something from under the sea.

I'm definitely putting these pretty babies on my shopping list for the next few months. Plus the re-inkers....just to make sure I don't run out of their beautiful shades!

If you would like to place an order, feel free to check out my site http://www.julienephew.stampinup.net/ or email me at julienephew@gmail.com!

HAPPY STAMPIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment