Monday, April 19, 2010

Father's Day

Yes, I know its a bit early for Father's Day, but I was just too excited to share this card. I followed the tutorial on Tiearra Burbee's blog. (I don't know Tiearra but am totally in debt to her for this cute, cute technique.

I was extremely happy with the way my card turned out. I always look at the finished product and start thinking of ways to make it even better though. In this case, I think a solid card stock behind the shirt would help it pop a bit more against the background paper.

I crimped the light green strip of paper only to find it made the paper too short for the space. So, I had to flatten it out a bit, but there is still some cool texture to it.

The corduroy buttons are from the clearance rack at Stampin' Up's website. If you haven't looked through the site in a while, definitely look through the clearance section. There are some fabulous deals!!

Bonus fact is the button color is Pacific Point, which is a previous retired In Color, but thanks to the COLOR RENOVATION, will be back in the July 2010 catalog!

If you would like to place an order, simply click here.

Happy Stampin!!

Products Used:
SU! Pacific Point Card Stock (Coming back soon!!)
SU! Decorative Paper (Retired)
SU! Green Card Stock (can't remember which color though...sorry)
SU! Brads from Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware (#111325)
SU! Pacific Point Corduroy Buttons (#114341)
SU! Well Scripted Stamps (#117072)

No comments:

Post a Comment