Thursday, February 11, 2010

Name frames

Trying to compete with those cute Valentine pizza boxes will be a tough act to follow! So cute Julie! Well obviously I am Jamie. Today I made a name frame for my friend Julie (another Julie), who I get to go see in one week from today (can you tell I'm excited?)! I have made a few of these in the past, here's one example:


I made this for my bestie Jami for her birthday, she loved it!


I've been telling Julie for a while I'd make her one and since I am flying to go see her I thought it would be perfect time to get busy on it and hand deliver it to her. She requested reds and browns so I went thru my Valentine paper pack from Stampin Up from last year for her color request.



I get the frames at Walmart and they are very inexpensive. Depending on the size of the name they usually have to go in a 4x8 frame.


My last name just has 3 letters so I was able to use a 5x7 frame. This project is so easy I literally threw it together before work this morning. You just need a frame, paper, letter stamps, paper cutter, adhesive and ink. I have been adding flower embellishments lately or ribbon or you can simply stick with the paper, sometimes the paper can be too busy for extras. It took me about 5 minutes to put together. Here is the finished project....Julie I hope you like it! :)


3 comments:

  1. Love it! I need to make one...just don't know where I would put it. Mantle? Hmmmm... maybe I should just re-decorate!

    ReplyDelete