Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Time flies....I even "celebrated" Christmas while I was gone!

I can't believe its been almost 2 months since my last post!  Life happens I guess! 

Well, I'm back and have a ton of things to share.  I may have stopped blogging for a bit, but I definitely didn't stop stamping!!  This month, I actually went to a scrap booking convention with my wonderful sister-in-law.  We spent two days being crafty and learning new techniques.  LOVED IT!

So, on to sharing a card....or two :-)

Last weekend, my dear friend Jamie (aka other friend among the crafting here on this blog who is even worse than me in actually posting a project!) invited us over for her son's birthday party.  I decided a little cash was in order, and therefore, a cash holder was needed.

At the scrap convention, I learned a fun way to fold my cards and I think I'm going to be addicted for a bit...oh well...its fun and all.  Here is the card folded up.


And here is how the card looks when it is opened.  I thought it was a perfect way to hide some $$$.


Back in July, I also had some fabulous girls over for a Christmas in July Stamp Class.  We made a few cards, decorated a candle, and made some gift tags.  We had a ton of fun.  I hope to have another class in October. 

Here are the projects we made for the class.  Of course, we had to make everything with our theme in mind...Christmas!

Card #1

Card #2


Card #3


Gift Tags


I didn't take a picture of the candle, but everyone got so creative with theirs.  It was their chance to think outside the box a little.  Many included rhinestones on theirs.  They were all beautiful!

Products Used on Birthday Card:
Stampin Up Cardstock, Hostess Level 3 Stamp Set - Playful Pieces
Colors include: Crumb cake, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip

Products Used on Christmas Cards/Tags:
Stampin Up Cardstock, Delightful Decorations Stamp Set, Ornament Punch, Stampin' Up Rhinestones, Ribbon, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Pop-up dots, Two Tags Bigz Die
Colors include:  Really Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Crumb cake


2 comments:

  1. Great Christmas cards! Now following you from Stampin' Connection.

    Diana
    www.secretlifeofpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete