I made her a bday card using the black magic technique and of course in all the rush of things forgot to take a picture of it. So, instead I'll share a card I made for Jamie (aka girl in the photo with me who hardly EVER blogs but I still *heart*
Steps to Create the Cuteness:
1. Stamped the Inspired by Nature flowers using white craft ink and let dry...well..or get impatient and use a heat gun to speed up the process.
2. Color image with SU colored pencils starting with the lighter colors and working my way out to the darker tones.
3. Use a white gel pen to create extra highlights around the flowers and leaves/stems.
4. After cutting out my DS paper, flip it over repeatedly in trying to decide which side I like best.
5. Cut off bottom half of my stamped card stock in realizing it won't all fit on my card. I even contemplated slicing through the whole thing to create that cool effect that some people do, but I was simply to scared to do it after all that coloring.
6. Add a so saffron bow to make it even more cute, but I'm still not totally satisfied with how my bow tying came out.
7. Take a deep breath, and glue it all down.
Jamie loved the card. Mom loved the card. I love the technique and will probably have to demo it at my next club meeting. Oh so fun.
Products Used (All Stampin' Up):
DS Paper (Retired), Colored Pencils, White Craft Ink, White Gel Pen, So Saffron Ribbon (Retired)